Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mumbai Mets

Though part of me wishes this were a really inconvenient stopover on the way to Miami for Mets Opening Day, it's been fun and incredibly insane adjusting to life in Mumbai. It smells like burnt rubber, it's quite scary crossing the streets (where Mumbai's drivers make New Yorkers look Midwestern) and it's been hard to find restaurants. But it's also been pretty cool seeing this city for the first time. It's a mix of ramshackle huts and nice buildings and clearly is in the midst of a big transition. Our apartment is relatively nice and there is a good fridge, shower and washing machine. There aren't that many restaurants in our neighborhood, but we have all other basic amenities (including an internet cafe). I'm starting work tomorrow and hopefully will have the chnace to explore a little bit more of the city and feel a little more comfortable. Mainly, though if all goes according to plan, I'll sleep past 3:00 am and really be on my way.

Here's the view of the speed and Russian Roulette Rickshaw:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Will and Lindsay, Thank you for taking the time to keep in touch with all of your loyal fans. Update often, keep the details coming and return safely. Uncle Larry

Unknown said...

To Will and Lindsay,
Well done! I can almost picture it! Seriously, sounds good- keep writing- and good luck crossing all the streets.
Amy & Ernie.

Wendy Lynn said...

love the tompkins square park reference! glad you two are enjoying yourselves and taking advantage of getting out there and really experiencing India. I WISH I was there with you!!